Skills on Wheels Reflection


The two modules which I have done on Skills on Wheels were “Exchange Feedback” and “Conversing with Confidence”. I made at least one mistake on both module’s quizzes. I have gone back to review to realise my mistakes to learn from it.

For example, for the “Exchange Feedback” module, I assumed that when conveying feedback to people we should cut to the chase. However, it is not recommended to do so as we may come off as being direct and rude. Therefore the recommended way would be to set the stage first. As for the “Converse with Confidence”, I had always thought that the best way to reply to someone during a one-on-one social meeting was to give a brief reply to prevent myself from talking too much. However, it is recommended to extend responses to create more conversation.

The reason why I chose these modules is that I find that they are most relevant to me. As a naturally timid and reserved person, I find it difficult to react ideally when in a one-on-one meeting with a colleague. This kind of social settings scares me, and therefore I would not usually be in my best form. Additionally, I am also someone who does not frequently gives feedback to peers; thus I did not know that there were ways recommended to get the right message across. These are relevant in the hospitality industry as when doing operations; communication is important as everyone’s jobs are interlinked with one another.

Overall, I found that the learning experience interactive and engaging as there were videos to watch too. This made it very interesting for me as it was able to catch my attention. The question embedded in the video shows the different outcomes which demonstrate how the various situations would have become if we were to choose the wrong option. It was nice to have a choice to review our answers to see the areas which we may have selected the incorrect answer and explanation for us to understand better. Moreover, the topics displayed were relevant to the industry and would be helpful as we go into our IWSP in the coming months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Email: Self Introduction

Interpersonal Communication Issue in a Workplace

Welcome Message